LSC offers Academic English courses designed for both students who require additional English language training to meet minimum entry requirements for British degree programmes or students who wish to further improve their academic and business English language.
About the course
London School of Commerce Malta offers Academic English courses designed for students who require additional English language training to meet minimum entry requirements for English-taught degree programmes offered by LSC Malta.
The programme is based around the development of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills with a keen emphasis on business. In addition to teaching base proficiencies, the course also has a strong focus on oral presentation, essay and report writing skills in order to prepare students for further study.
Acceptance to proceed to further studies within LSC Malta will be conditional on students attaining IELTS 6.0 equivalence in English proficiency level. Students will be examined internally however this course is an introduction programme for language qualifications including IELTS, and therefore incorporates considerable examination preparation work to ensure that students are ready for the rigours of external formal language testing should they opt for this.
While London School of Commerce Malta does not offer IELTS tests directly, it can advise students on the process.
Students who wish to progress to main degree courses offered by LSC Malta will find this course of value as an introduction to academic study. In addition, students who complete the Academic English courses at LSC Malta will be able to study the full-time 12 month MBA degree at LSC Malta for a discounted price of € 5,950.
A course here will help you to:
- communicate much more confidently
- speak more accurately and fluently
- improve your grammar
- increase your vocabulary
- be able to socialise in English more effectively
- have an increased chance of success if you later take an examination course
- to apply English language skills at the workplace
- induction Week
- Assignment Project
- Students should be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of English language before they are accepted onto the course. Students with an IELTS level lower than 4.5 (or equivalent) may require a telephone interview before a decision is made.